What I have learned in my *almost* 30 years on this planet is that life with colorful mermaid hair is exactly 76% more more fun than life with normcore hair. Listen you guys - if you've ever wanted to dye your hair PLEASE DO IT. Just, you know, don't buy one of those at-home pastel dye kits because your hair will definitely not turn smokey grey-blue or icy pink from something that cost $8.99 and can be bought at your local CVS. Typically, if you have dark brown hair like me, you're going to have to lift your color to achieve a vibrant hue. I'm not afraid of a little bleach, but turns out since I've been growing out highlights for like five years, I didn't have to lighten my hair at all. All of this lush purple came from a quick custom color mixing and twenty minutes of letting it seep into my strands. That's it! It's not a scary process, and in the hands of a professional your hair will be safe. A professional, not your friend/cousin/little sister, a box of bleach, and a jar of Manic Panic.
Here's a list of reasons to dye your hair:
1. You will look like a mermaid - mermaids are notorious for having great hair
2. Colorful hair gives you even more of an excuse to not wear make-up
3. If you're having a bad day, your actually not because your hair is still an awesome color and you look v cool
4. When you're 80, you'll get to look back and be like - I used to have mermaid hair and I looked fly af
5. Every guy/girl that has ghosted you will come crawling out of the woodwork because you look so fly, and you can hit them with a "new hair, who dis?"
If you've been following this blog for a while, you know I used to have blue hair. I loved my blue hair - it was so ethereal. Until it faded down to a gnarly shade of Frankenstein"s Monster green, and then it wasn't at all. So purple it was - also, I've been wanting to do purple as a tribute to Prince since he passed earlier this year. That man was magic to me. I'm kind of excited to see what this color will fade to. Knowing my hair though, probably green again somehow. Let me know what color you've had or are going to try!